[tlug] Re: UTF-8 and e-mail (Re: Translating old to new kanji forms using tr)

Brett Robson wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:53:19 +0300
> Tapio Peltonen <tappel@example.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 12:28:07PM +0900, Brett Robson wrote:
> >
> > > You should send Japanese email in
> > > ISO-2022-JP
> >
> > I beg to differ. UTF-8 is by the definition the better option, and I
> > think everyone should at least consider updating their e-mail clients to
> > utf-8 capable ones. And utf-8 is likely to be the _only_ option if one
> > has to input both 日本語 and for example non-ascii latin characters
> > (e.g. 'äöü'). I have to do this routinely.
> >

> Then you should be using MIME encoding.

He _is_ using MIME encoding, it is declared as UTF-8 in the header
just fine. ^_-

Using multipart/mime is a bit annoying, if you have to change the
encoding mid-sentence and your client will start every part on a new
line... :-)

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.uguu.de