[tlug] Re: Debian-101

"Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon" <ronfaxon@example.com> writes:

> 1) Downloaded and burned 16(!) disks (14+2).

Wow. Isn't that a lot of work? I usually do a net install because I
like upgrading my packages to the latest versions, anyway.

> 4) Um... and here's why I called this e-mail "Debian-101" - how do I
>    get something graphical like KDE and what in the world is on those
>    14(!) disks?  Basically I need Mozilla, FireFox, & OpenOffice.

apt-get install x-window-system

You might have fun using synaptic or aptitude to select other packages.

By the way, Ubuntu's a great Debian-based distro. It does a lot of
things right.

--
Sacha Chua <sacha@example.com> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed