Re: [tlug] [tlug-digest] Website mirroring utility?

Jim Breen <Jim.Breen@example.com> writes:

> Is there a handy Linux-based website mirroring utility?

I think "wget --mirror" works pretty well.

I just did a quick apt-cache search "mirror", and that shows
applications called "omt", "httrack", and "w3mir". I've not used
any of them and have no idea what advantages (if any) they might
have over just using wget.

> Preferably one that only pull down changed pages.

I don't think wget can do that, and none of the others listed
above can either as far as I know.

I would think you'd probably want to use rsync if you wanted to
sync up only the stuff that has changed.

  --Mike

--
Michael Smith
http://logopoeia.com/  http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/890