Re: [tlug] Linux-101

Jan D. Semrau wrote:

>>[LHS] Select a CDDB entry:
>>Gunkl, Grundsatzliche Betrachtungen, Alt.Rock
>>Gunkl, Grundsatzliche Betrachtungen, Cabaret
>>
>>Does anyone know what that... German(?) means?
>>
>Basically, your CDDB query returned two entries for the CD you entered.
>Both of them were identified as the record "Grundsatzliche
>Betrachtungen" (roughly: basic considerations/observations - the
>correct translation of the German word Betrachtung can vary based on
>context) from an artist called "Gunkl".
>Moreover, the former entry is classified as Alternative Rock, the
>latter as Carbaret.
>
>Although, I assume that the CD you entered has been incorrectly
>identified. I never heard of this artist before.
>btw. here is the link to the gracenote entry
>
>http://www.gracenote.com/music/artist.html?Art=Gunkl&Aid=290050

Thank you!  Now I'm trying to remember exactly which disk I put in the
machine that produced that message!  Just now, I tossed in a data disk
and there were no glitches.  The upgrade to 9.3 has been a rough one,
but the machine seems to be sorting itself out - as though it were a
living thing!  The sporadic dead-mouse problem has nearly vanished and
things seem to be working more smoothly....

Lyle