Re: [tlug] Linux-101

Apparently I do speak German,
so I am glad that I can help out here. :-)

> On 5/22/05, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon <ronfaxon@example.com> wrote:

> Select a CDDB entry:
> Gunkl, Grundsatzliche Betrachtungen, Alt.Rock
> Gunkl, Grundsatzliche Betrachtungen, Cabaret
>
> Does anyone know what that... German(?) means?

Basically, your CDDB query returned two entries for the CD you entered.
Both of them were identified as the record "Grundsatzliche
Betrachtungen" (roughly: basic considerations/observations - the
correct translation of the German word Betrachtung can vary based on
context) from an artist called "Gunkl".
Moreover, the former entry is classified as Alternative Rock, the
latter as Carbaret.

Although, I assume that the CD you entered has been incorrectly
identified. I never heard of this artist before.
btw. here is the link to the gracenote entry

http://www.gracenote.com/music/artist.html?Art=Gunkl&Aid=290050

Hope that helps, Jan