Re: [tlug] SuSE 9.3 New Install (was SuSE 9.1 - 9.3 Upgrade Saga)

Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote:

> Joseph Essertier wrote:
>
>> The SuSE 9.3 that i ordered finally arrived the other day and i
>> installed it on my computer at work:
>> Fujitsu FMV-6700 TX4
>> Pentium III
>> 256 MB .....................
>>
>> My mouse works fine, the floppy drive works, keyboard works, and the
>> screen works okay (so it sounds like i got lucky), but it has a problem:
>> One third of the screen is black.  The text and graphics that are
>> supposed to be on the right side have obviously shifted over 2 inches to
>> the right....
>>

> That sounds like just a monitor adjustment.  You should be able to
> shift the monitor over to the left (as well as expand it either
> horizontally or vertically, etc.) via buttons on your monitor.  Some
> are more logically designed that others - typically you'll have to go
> through a menu to find what you're looking for, or else there is a row
> or lights with tiny pictures over them?  Are you running it through a
> KVM switch?  If so, then - depending on the KVM switch - it'll either
> remember the settings for both (or all four, whatever) computers, but
> if it doesn't, you'll  have to readjust each time you switch from one
> computer to the other.
>
> Lyle
>
> PS  Since yours seems to be a squeaky-new install, then you probably
> should have started a new thread for this....
>
> PPS - I'll start a new thread.....

Thanks, Lyle, for starting the new thread and for your answer.  I don't
know what a KVM switch is.  I haven't had a chance to sit down for the
last 24 hours, but when i do, i'll check to see if i can fix the problem
with the buttons on the monitor, of which there are several.
Joe