Re: [tlug] OT-Japanese in PHP

From: Mark Sargent <powderkeg@example.com> on Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 21:20:58 +0900

> David E wrote:
>
> >It's actually pretty easy - thousands of people have done it before,
> >but it does require some R-ing of TFM and perhaps paying closer
> >attention to advice recieved
> >
> I certainly have set it up exactly how the FAQ suggests...

I doubt it.

> >rather than flailing about randomly and hoping other people will come
> >to the rescue.
> >

> I don't know everything, hence coming in here to ask what others
> think...it's not like I just got a problem, and without looking at it
> myself, just asked others to solve it for me...think you being just a
> tad harsh there, Dave...

Hey, I've been there and I think I know random flailing when I see it
;-)

And harsh? Sheesh man, try browsing through the list archives some
time. I'm Mother Freakin' Teresa by TLUG standards...

Anyway, I'm out of time, so my last advice on this is:

Read the docs, check your setup, try it out, rinse, repeat
until you figure out where you made a mistake. With things like this I
generally find that the more inexplicably bizzare the behaviour, the
dumber the mistake I made to cause it.

Good luck,
Dave