Re: [tlug] OT-Japanese in PHP

From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> on Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 18:45:21 +0900

>     Mark> Anyone got a solution, apart from giving up, which I
>     Mark> detest..? Cheers.
>
> Is your middle name Sisyphus?  If not, what's wrong with taking this
> opportunity to move to a platform/language with decent I18N support?
> It shouldn't be this hard.  I'm sure there are plenty more hard
> problems waiting for you once you get past this. ;-)

It's actually pretty easy - thousands of people have done it before,
but it does require some R-ing of TFM and perhaps paying closer
attention to advice recieved, and then if something doesn't work right
away, thinking things through to figure out what step has been missed
rather than flailing about randomly and hoping other people will come
to the rescue.

Then he could go on until he learns enough to know he'd be better off
using Postgres and one of the other P languages. :-)

-dave