Re: [tlug] SuSE 9.1 - 9.3 Upgrade Saga

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 10:51:47AM +0900, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote:
> Josh Glover wrote:
>

> >Nope, you've got it right. Many Linux distributions still play some
> >stty games to map C-s / C-q to terminal stop and start, respectively.
> >That is one of the first things I correct in my .bash_profile.
> >

> .bash_profile... how do I alter that?  If it's too much trouble to explain,
> never mind, but if not, I'd smile at my computer screen to see how it's
> done....

Do you mean, how do you change things in your .bash_profile?  It's a
simple text file, you open it up and put things in there.  For instance,
you can have what Jonathan (sigh he's too busy to read this list these
days, I think, so it's no fun trying to annoy him) calls a girly-man
prompt with pretty colors.  (For examples, see
http://qnd-guides.net/qnd-prompt.html)  This includes some stty type
settings--for instance, something like stty erase2 ^H

How to set various stty things is a different subject, start with man
stty and take it from there.   (Not sure if the Linux man page is as
clear, at least to me, as the BSD one, but you can always read the BSD
man pages online at their respective sites, that is www.freebsd.org,
www.openbsd.org, etc.

Hope this at least partially answers your question.

- --

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Spike (watching, from a distance, a conversation between
Angel and a woman he just rescued):How can I thank you, you
mysterious black-clad-hunk-of-a-knight-thing?
No need little lady. Your tears of gratitude are enough for me. You
see, I was once a bad-ass vampire. But love, and a pesky curse,
defanged me. And now, I'm just a *big* fluffy puppy with bad teeth.
No! Not the hair! Never the hair.
But there must be some way I can show my appreciation.
No, helping those in need's my job. And working up a load of sexual
tension and prancing away like a magnificent poof is truly thanks
enough.
I understand. I have a nephew who's gay, so...
Say no more. Evil's still afoot. And I'm almost out of that Nancy-boy
hair gel I like so much. Quickly! To the Angel-mobile! Away!