Re: [tlug] OT-Japanese in PHP

From: Mark Sargent <powderkeg@example.com> on Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 17:31:49 +0900

> Erin D. Hughes via info@example.com wrote:
>
> > Mark Sargent wrote:
> >
> >> Hi All,
> >> output_handler = mb_output_handler
> >> mbstring.language = Japanese
> >> mbstring.internal_encoding = UTF-8
> >> mbstring.http_input = auto
> >> mbstring.http_output = SJIS
> >> mbstring.encoding_translation = On
> >> mbstring.detect_order = auto
> >> mbstring.substitute_character = none
> >> mbstring.internal_encoding = EUC-JP
> >>
> >> Now, I think I still haven't got the page that requires J, displayed
> >> right, yet. Full code is below. Can anyone see any mistakes..? Cheers.

You haven't given any details on what seems wrong with the output.

This is kind of obvious, but have you made sure the text in the
database is in the sme encoding as you have mbstring.internal_encoding
set to? (You have it set twice, to different values in your config
above - I assume the last one set gets used, but safer to just make up
your mind, don't you think?)

Dave