RE: [tlug-digest] Re: [tlug] Job Hunting

>> Software engineers probably provide dynamic software
>> solutions in a time critical environment to improve internal
>> and external customers' work methods using leading edge and
>> efficient practices and striving for continual improvement
>> while wearing suits.
>>
> So a software engineer is a systems programmer in a suit? :-)

I feel I should be offended... My UK business card says 'Senior Software
Engineer' and I certainly didn't wear suits to work when I was in the
office... Nor does anyone I know in Cambridge and "Software Engineer"
seems to be the preferred title for a programmer there.

(I agree with the original author, though, anyone who insists that they're
a software engineer and not a programmer is indeed a twat.)