Re: [tlug] Floppy Trouble(?!)

Botond Botyanszki wrote:

>On Sun, 15 May 2005 23:56:45 +0900
>"Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon" <ronfaxon@example.com> wrote:
>

>>but I was able to access it via File Explorer -
>>Super User Mode.
>>

>You may want to check the permissions of you floppy device. If it's a
>regular floppy (non-usb), then run "ls -la /dev/fd0" in a terminal and
>check if your user is in the group listed there and if the group has rw
>permissions on the device.

The permissions seem to be okay, but I tried changing the settings
anyway.  It didn't help, but so long as there's a workaround for it,
I'll just use that.  with SuSE 9.1, there was never a single instance of
not being able to access a floppy via My Computer, but now I can't at
all with 9.3.  No big deal though, I'll delete that bloody icon so I
don't have to see it any more and just use other means.

Thanks for the tips.

Lyle