Re: [tlug] attack via ssh? (don't panic :-P)

    Nikolay> At one point I got tired of adding addresses to the
    Nikolay> firewall script and just moved sshd to a non-standard
    Nikolay> port. Not a real solution, but helps.

I've seen a trace of a port scanner that knew ftp, http, telnet, and
ssh protocol, at least enough to try to GET / via HTTP and attempt
logins on the other three.  So something smart enough to get past that
is already in the wild.

But it should help with the miscreants in question.