IM conversion quality (was: Re: [tlug] Article comparing ... SuSE and Turbo)

On Sat, 7 May 2005 18:40:37 +0900, "Evan Monroig" said:
> I use "anthy" with under Ubuntu (a debian-based distribution),
> and there are also big problems of kanji conversions

Isn't there at least one open source IM that is really
good?  Is everyone who writes Japanese in the Linux world
really suffering with this?  It's hard to imagine that the
native speakers in the OSS geek community would be willing
to put up with the cr*p we're getting from Canna, e.g.

Dave