Re: [tlug] Article comparing Japanese-language capabilities of SuSEand Turbo

Joseph Essertier wrote:

> There is an article in the June issue of Linux World in Japanese
> comparing the Japanese-language capabilities of the Japanese version
> of SuSE Linux Professional 9.2 and Turbolinux Home. .........
>
> .......... Now to find out which is easier to install...

Thanks for the information about SuSE. Being a SuSE user, I'm always
interested in anything related to it. I've never used Turbo Linux, but
the two things that occur to me in making a comparison are (for SuSE)
YAST, and (for Turbo) DVD playback. I seem to remember that Turbo comes
with the ability to play back DVD's out of the box, but with SuSE, you
have to set it up on your own (for movies I mean, not data). The YAST
aspect of SuSE I think is quite good for people not strong on
command-line operation.

Sorry for the fringe information - but I'm not an expert, so that's all
I can give.

Lyle