Re: [tlug] Newbie buying a computer and installing Linux on it

Okay.  Thank you, Kenneth. (And while i'm at it, thank you, Jim, who i
forgot to say thank you to. Sorry!)  You are both recommending this
distro.  Actually, 2 other people have recommended it to me in the last
month, but i didn't know it could install easily on a slow Mac.

On 月曜日, 5 2, 2005, at 05:17 PM, Kenneth wrote:

> My suggestion, is check out www.ubuntulinux.org  :)  Ubuntu installs
> smoothly, and autodetects a lot of hardware that some versions of
> redhat
> don't.  (I am not sure about Fedora core, I have never tried it.)
>
> :-)
>
> It has access to pretty much any package available to debian as well,
> which makes it a major plus.

Okay.  That sounds good.
Thanks.
Joe