Re: [tlug] WinCVS

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 23:24:32 +0900
Edward Middleton <edwardmiddleton@example.com> wrote:

> Brett Robson wrote:
>
> >I'm trying to make WinCVS talk to my Unix CVS server. Does anyone have
> >experience with this?
> >
> >(Tortoise worked straight away but doesn't have a Japanese version yet)
> >
> >Brett
> >

> If you can I would advise you to switch to subversion.  I gather the
> Tortoise clients are much the same and TortoiseSVN has no problems with
> Japanese.  I have used the WinCVS interface, mostly because it seemed to
> be the most mature but I found it rather clunky and not very easy to
> explain to windows users.  I am using the fsfs which is a filesystem
> based repository structure, it is faster then the db based repositories
> and has no problems with wedging.

Thanks for the tip. I instigated this project, so pretty well whatever I
decide goes. I've advanced with WinCVS but I don't either that or
Tortoise are going to make me any friends with the users. This is to
provide version control on our web site which drops down serveral
directory layers and of course has dozens of files called index.html,
the potential for confusion is quite great.

Brett

--
Brett Robson
Systems Administrator