Re: [tlug] OT (MagLev & Expo-05

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>    Lyle> About the size issue.  What would be the best way of fixing
>    Lyle> it?
>
>Most browsers support scaling images.  Stick them in at whatever
>resolution you want and use percentage sizing on the IMG elements.
>"Untested but obviously correct."  ;-)

Study time for me again.  I found this site:
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/alt.html

Is that a good reference?

>If you're targeting folks with keitais etc you might want to provide a
>separate set of images prescaled to minimize d/l costs, but that's
>extra work for you.

To tell you the truth, I hadn't thought about cell phones  at all.  I
don't think there's much point in displaying pictures on them.  Well...
there could be, but that would beg for a completely new set of photos
that were meant to be viewed at that size.  I'm not adverse to the idea,
so I guess I should put up a "Keitai Page"... which brings me to a question:

How bad is my site?  What I have attempted to do with the site is to
divide material into sections, thus the site log:
http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~LLLtrs/blog/blog01.html

- has only text and no images of any shape or form.  (Only text, but now
you mention the keitai angle, I see where it may be a bit too much text.)

All the PDF files here:
http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~LLLtrs/PDF/PDF_MainPage01.html

Strictly photo pages here:
http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~LLLtrs/PhotoGlryMain/LHS_PhotoGallery.html

Strictly text files (formatted in HTML) here:
http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~LLLtrs/LL_R/RecentLLs.html

And there's an extra index page for people who want to avoid the large
photo on the front page:
http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~LLLtrs/FAQ/frt_pg_Index.html

The colors... I know... they're a bit wild.

I wanted to avoid using a template and end up with a site looking
exactly like everyone else's, but I seem to have ended up with a rather
sloppy site.  I'm beginning to realize this, but how serious of a
problem is it?  Time is the eternal enemy and I'll try to avoid sleeping
as much as possible, but even now, I end up falling asleep in front of
the computer half the time already....

Lyle