Re: [tlug] Keyboards

> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 01:41:06 +0100 (BST), <ijw@example.com> wrote:
>
>> I want one that hasn't got an excess of 'web' buttons that I don't need.
>
> If you really want to cut excess keys, the Happy Hacking Keyboard is good.
> It has a small footprint and a nice feel to it.
>
> I'm happily using the lite 2 model. English keyboard layouts are available
> in Japan.
>
> http://www.pfu.fujitsu.com/en/hhkeyboard/index.html

Yeah, picked one up in Akihabara (with a US layout) for 2k yen or so a few
weeks back.  Nice and good feel, but annoying layout - I use backspace
rather more than someone with my typing experience has any right to
need...  Also, I remember moving from XT to AT keyboard layout when the
control key moved from the left of the 'A' to under Shift, and the
annoyance that went with it, and I'm not sure I want to try and get used
to the old way again (as on the HH).  I like my control key where it is,
and being an Emacs user I need it quite a bit ;-)