Re: [tlug] PHOTOS> Sakura 2005

Charles Muller wrote:

>Friends,
>
>This is off-topic, but perhaps those of you who once lived in Tokyo
>will enjoy some digital photos of the beautifully blooming cherry blossoms in Japan.
>
>I returned this year to the cavernous moat surrounding the Budokan in
>Kudanshita, which affords such a rich mixture of color, depth, distance, and
>lighting. There are also a few shots from the Ushigome bridge in Iidabashi.

I'm here in Tokyo, but I didn't get over to that area this year.  I did
see the flowers in some other areas, but they pale in comparison to how
it was by the moat I see!  Thanks for posting those - I almost feel like
I was offered a time machine trip back a few days.  Now the rains have
come, it's pretty much over until next year.  I don't think the timing
this year could have been more perfect.  Thursday, Friday, Saturday &
Sunday - and I don't think I've ever seen the trees in better
condition!  The cherry blossom trees of 2005 will be something to remember!

I went out to the rampart by Yotsuya Station on Tuesday last week just
as the flowers were beginning to come out and took this picture a little
past 11:00 p.m.:
http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~LLLtrs/PhotoGlryMain/PhotoGlryA/YotsuyaRampart.html

Thanks again for showing us the most photos!

Lyle