Re: [tlug] windows works linux doesnt why?

> installed fedora core 3 -- all fine
>
> I dk.  did a apt-get dist-upgrade on fedora core 2 and that's when I
> couldn't boot and got filesystem trouble
>
> did another (new drive) apt-get dist-upgrade on a new installation of
> fedora core 2 and then got filesystem trouble at the next boot

disclaimer:

Could have been a odd combination of repositories that I used in the
past without knowing that they sometimes conflict

the install I did on the new drive was using .iso files that were
located on the disk reporting file system errors

the disk reporting file system errors mounts fine (just wont boot) and
no data was lost

linux rocks