Re: [tlug] Mandrake 10.1 mdkkdm do not start.

    Greg> I installed the Mandrake 10.1 DVD (3CD's worth)

Heh.  Mandrake.  If you need "Linux for Dummies," it works well almost
all of the time, but when it doesn't, you either get help from
Mandrake or you mostly don't get help.  Even Windows supports more
power users (as a percentage).  I strongly recommend that if you have
interest in the insides you get Red Hat or SuSE (if you're RPM-kei),
or Debian or Ubuntu (if you're apt-kei), or Gentoo or NetBSD (if
you're ports-kei).  You'll get much better support from your peers,
mostly because you'll have some.  ;-)

    Greg> It seems I can choose to have interesting, well-made and
    Greg> maintained distributions OR I can choose to have the
    Greg> Japanese IME that comes with the official Sharp ROM, but not
    Greg> both.

I'm pretty sure that all you need to do is find the Sharp IME
functionality, back it up somewhere, and write it back to the ROM.
(I've heard this works for the SL-cxxx series, though I haven't tried
it yet.)