Re: [tlug] Redhat Enterprise and PHPs MBSTRING

From: Robert Fisher <robert@example.com>
Subject: Re: [tlug] Redhat Enterprise and PHPs MBSTRING
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 16:00:26 +0900

> David E wrote:
>
> >From: Robert Fisher <robert@example.com>
> >
> >>I am installing a system and for some reason we are having a problem
> >>with encoding of japanese text to be sent out in emails.  The emails
> >>either come in "mojibake" or cutoff.
> >>
> >Have you checked the mb-related settings in the two php.ini files, and/or
> >compared the output of phpinfo() on the 2 systems?
> >

> Thanks for your response, yeah was the very first thing we did.
>
> Would the Locale of the server have any effect?  on both servers the
> locale is english utf8.

I'd still be inclined to look for some difference between the two
systems in one of: the php code, php installation settings, php.ini settings.

As in Alessandro's example, is mb_language set to "ja" in both? Are
both using mb_send_mail rather than send_mail? That sort of thing.

I doubt that the locale setting matters (esp. since it's the same on
both systems)

-dave