Re: [tlug] Seagate Sudden Death....

On Sunday 27 March 2005 17:47, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote:
> Yes, but some drives last longer than others!  I have a 200MHz Digital
> computer with a ten-year old drive that is still going strong.

I have a 40M old hard drive that is still working very well.
I think that 10 years ago you paid for a hard drive the same for an entire
computer nowadays. So, for that price the drive had to be at least good!
But maybe the main factor is the speed. More rpm more temperature, more
consume and so forth.
I hope hard drives will disappear some day for a non mechanic device.

	Pietro.

- Pietro Zuco
- Email: pietro@example.com
- Email: pietro@example.com