Re: [tlug] OT: laptop in Akihabara (map)

 > a nice, nearly new Fujitsu Loox in Otto (equivalent to a
 > Lifebook P) - 1GHz, CDRW/DVD, small and with a lovely
 > 1280x768 screen.  I was tempted but it was 137,000 and
 > that's a little more than I fancied paying for a 2nd hand
 > laptop.

Since it has CDRW/DVD, I can't imagine that it's tiny or light. If
indeed it isn't, it sounds similar to but more expensive than the
Powerbook thingie that I got brand new a couple of weeks ago. Of course,
the Powerbook doesn't run any flavor of Linux that I've ever tried, but
the OS that comes installed isn't bad, and there's "Yellow Dog" or
similar if you're ever bored.