Re: [tlug] OT: laptop in Akihabara (map)

ben konrath wrote:

>On Sat, Mar 26, 2005 at 12:06:08AM +0900, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote:
>

>>I don't think there are used shops in Shinjuku - at least I've never
>>seen them. Are there any?
>>

>Two years ago there was a Softmap in Shinjuku that sold used laptops.
>IIRC, it was close to Yodibashi Camera.

Oh, right!  I remember now!  But their prices were (or "are"? I haven't
been there for a few years now) always ridiculously high!  I walked in a
few times, looked at the too-close-to-new prices, shook my head,
muttered "Does anyone really pay these prices for this junk?" and then
walked back out.  I think Softmap is a good place to get some old part
that you really need, but the prices always seem to be steep....