Re: [tlug] OT: laptop in Akihabara (map)

Am 25.03.2005 um 21:01 schrieb ben konrath:

> On Sat, Mar 26, 2005 at 12:06:08AM +0900, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote:
>> I don't think there are used shops in Shinjuku - at least I've never
>> seen them. Are there any?
>
> Two years ago there was a Softmap in Shinjuku that sold used laptops.
> IIRC, it was close to Yodibashi Camera.

yp - 6-store(?)-sofmap for used computers, close to yodobashi camera
(which is far better compared to akiba-laox in my opinion).
if you're interested in video games there is also a sofmap which sells
used one as well and traders - but that's not the question
i found it usually easier to go to shinjuku-nishi-guchi to search
because it's quite compact, the prices are good - and you have to know
where to go in akiba or search very long to get better prices.
espescially when you are not that good in japanese it will become hard
because in the smaller shops they aren't that good in english (and
there you can get real good offers). i went usually to akiba when i
searched something special and knew that i have to go through lots of
shops to find it - then it's the way to go

but i would personally go for a new computer with world-wide warranty -
you never know what will happen and even if you pay "only" 60.000 yen
(that's the prize for my old libretto) it would be hard if there are
any problems with it.
many foreigner/tourists think: hey akiba, the place to go and get cheap
stuff - and 60.000 yen is quite cheap for a sub (even it's old) but
when you have problems with it these are lost 60.000 yen because
usually no one will help you...

everything imho

Niels

--