Re: [tlug] Nero - Interesting?

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:39:21 +0100, niels.k@example.com <niels.k@example.com> wrote:
> Zitat von "Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon" <ronfaxon@example.com>:
>
> > Does Nero do anything that K3b doesn't?
>
> read that: http://www.flexbeta.net/main/articles.php?action=show&showarticle=86
>
> they say, that it's not worth the money and that k3b is better

Nero was one of the few apps where I actually paid to register.  Their
software was always at the cutting edge of special feature, media and
writer support and they had an outstanding upgrade policy. Now 5 years
after purchasing my first Nero, I upgraded.

I am not sure about k3b but one reason I bought this upgrade is the
Video transcoding functions, and DL support - hope the media will get
cheaper though.  It can recode a DVD9 to a DVD 4.7 and it allows some
fexibility in the process.  CT Magazin (German) tests have it normally
at the top of of those DVD backup packages.  It also has a small video
editing app which accepts many formats and transcodes them into
whatever (eg. mpeg2).  The latest version also allows MP4 and AAC
encoding, but the problem is that so far Quicktime doesn't support the
MPEG4 profiles used by Nero, so cannot playback on my favourite
platform.

What I sid concerns the windows version, I have not tried Linux one yet.

--
Patrick Niessen