Re: [tlug] Audio CD Issues

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:40:47 -0500, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> Expensive ones. :)
>
> Seriously, you should be fine with any brand-name (e.g. TDK, Sony,
> Maxell, etc.) discs these days. Do *not* buy the cheap, no-name media,
> or you will regret it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but you
> *will* regret it! [1]

Can not tell for CD media, but as for DVD, I have quite the opposite
opinion. The best media I've used so far for DVD-R's are ones from
SuperX. They are happened to be also the cheapest ones (last box of 50
printable DVD-R's I've got in Akihabara for ~Y1300 or something).
Sony, TDK, Fuji - failed on me multiple times, don't remember trying
Maxell though. But as far as I can remember Toshiba were the worst,
Sony is somewhere near the bottom. SuperX - never failed, not a single
one. I saw a SuperX CD-R's on sale but have never used them, so can't
tell anything.

I can not tell about how long they will hold the data, because my
first DVD was burned about 3yrs ago. I am judging only by percentage
of failed writes.

> Later in this thread, someone (Dmytro?) mentioned cdparanoia, which is

No. Not me.

--Dmytro