Re: [tlug] OT: laptop in Akihabara

On Tuesday March 22 2005 10:55, Andras Kristof wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I will be visiting Japan at the end of this week, and while I am
> there I would like to pick up an ultraportable notebook in Akihabara.
> Linux compatibility would be a definite plus.
I think, going behind the fancy japanese deal is not good idea for
timebeing.

Dell is a best price deal, but you have to wait them to deliver it to
you eventhough they have a stall in most of the bic-camera buildings
and a Dell shop @example.com

If you want to pickup one immediately, consider any one of the
following.

Gateway/E-machines (ultimately chinese maker)
Acer (taiwan maker)
So-tech (korean maker)
Asus (new series of laptops are good)

> Could you guys recommend a good shop or two in Akihabara where I can
> get a good deal? (Or at least have a decent selection?) Unfortunately
> I won't have too much time for this project, at most an afternoon.
You can get an idea about the prices here
http://www.users-side.co.jp/2/shopping/list_nfrm_laptop_win.php and
theses guys have a shop in Akikabara also.

-Thomas