[tlug] solaris 10 ZFS and Japanese

I'm thinking of trying Solaris 10 because its ZFS has a RAID1 feature
that Linux md lacks so far:

"ZFS can self-heal data in a mirrored or RAID configuration. When one
copy is damaged, ZFS detects it via the checksum and uses another copy
to repair it."

For that repair, does ZFS include software-based bad block relocation,
like EVMS?  Or, does it just rewrite the bad block and leave all the
relocation up to the disk hardware?  (I'm using IDE disks.)

Is it easy to install the root/boot filesystem on a mirrored ZFS?

I want to install in English, but sometimes use in Japanese, like
Fedora.  Which version should I install, English or Japanese?

Are the critical patches (e.g., security) free and easy to keep
updated?  (without subscribing to a support contract)

Cheers,
11011011