Re: [tlug] registering a name server

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 01:15:59 -0500, Ben Konrath <ben@example.com> wrote:

> I run a name server from my domain and when I try to use it as a dns for
> another domain name, I get an error.

This is a two-step process.

1. Make your nameserver authoritative for the domain
2. Make sure the nameserver that would ordinarily be authoritative for
the domain (i.e. the NS record in the root servers) is deferring to
your nameserver

(2) will require you to update the DNS info with the registrar of the
domain for which you are trying to become authoritative.

You may find this link helpful:

http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ch4/

HHTH, [1]
Josh

[1] Not sure if I just coined this, but: Hopefully Happy To Help :)