Re: [tlug] MPEG stream analyser?

On Mar 16, 2005, at 8:38 AM, Josh Glover wrote:

>> [snip]
>> An easier way would be to just buy a Y10,000 used computer, put in a
>> Y7,000 DVD drive and then set it to play Region-1.
> [snip]
> I prefer to watch DVDs on my television. I have decided that if I have
> purchased a region-locked DVD, it is ethical to make a backup copy.
> Furthermore, said backup copy shall be region-free. Fair use, I say.
> The cartels may disagree. Sod 'em.

	This has been an interesting discussion.  I'm just curious why you
don't buy a multi-region capable DVD player in Japan?  They're not that
hard to find in Japan and they're not that expensive, either.  If the
goal
is to work with the encoding tools and general tinkering, that I can
understand
completely.  :-)

	In regards to your original question, alas no, I don't know of any
tool off the top of my head that fits your description.

Cheers,
Alain

"Living in Japan is like flipping a coin but
instead of it landing on heads or tails it transforms
into a donkey while in mid-air and explodes" -Galvin Chow