Re: [tlug] MPEG stream analyser?

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:39:53 +0900, Christopher SEKIYA
<wileyc@example.com> wrote:
> Compile from source yourself?  If not, your binary was probably compiled
> with --disable-mpdvdkit, which turns off DeCSS and the region code bypass.

After some googling I see that you're right -- both mplayer and vlc
can bypass region codes.

I tried mplayer a while ago and since then I didn't have any DVDs
other than region-2, so no way to test.

Although I rarely use mplayer on mac -- comparable to VLC quality is really bad.

--Dmytro