Re: [tlug] de Raadt receives award from Stallman

    Uva> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:06:04 -0500, Josh Glover
    Uva> <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

    >> Hrm, was this the "Richard Stallman Award for Excellence in
    >> Egomania"?  A fitting presenter and a fitting recipient, if
    >> so... ;)

It's a little early for an April Fool's joke.  Maybe "Chinese All
Fools' Day?"  I do want to hear what Chris has to say....

    Uva> Their Award for Excellence seems like a GNU community
    Uva> award and a bit of a farce.

    Uva> Considering that not all open source operating systems use
    Uva> GNU, I doubt some folks would ever receive it, regardless
    Uva> of the excellence.

To be fair, just about all open source development these days uses the
GNU toolchain, and I would imagine that OpenBSD probably uses as
little GNU software as any OS.