Re: [tlug] empty rows (PostgreSQL)

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:51:16 +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull
<stephen@example.com> wrote:

> [...] or some bozo sysadmin
> in .tw with 27 owned boxen (all of them OpenBSD, hi, ayakat & jbyrne!)
> all lighting up syslog like Christmas on every port, that's his job.

Jonathan Byrne runs OpenBSD? I though he was d3814n 4 l1f3 817ch3Z!!!

Speaking of Ayako, has anyone talked to her recently? Last I heard
(and this was almost two years ago), she was moving to New York.

>     Edward> And why don't you talk about development issues here?
>
> Have done, and Chris is right, that was back in the mid-Morgan and
> pre-Morgan era (although to me those are just dates).

Tell me about it. I joined TLUG in 2000, a couple of years past its
zenith, but things were pretty damned technical here at the time. Back
then, you could rarely go a day without seeing someone spew some hot
code into a post. Now... you might go a month or more without seeing
any. (Damnit B0ti, start posting random snippets of Gjiten or im-ja
code!)

> It's _all_ about inter-developer dynamics at XEmacs or GNU Emacs; it
> can't be all that far from that in the major kernel dev circles.  But
> people here are talking about their _jobs_ like all the time.  So some
> of the stuff I used to talk about, you know the "herding cats" aspect,
> the ESR hacker anthropology stuff, would anybody here understand that?
> Dunno, but I don't see people talking about CatB and I don't notice
> anybody else missing Hiroo Yamagata, so....

I would love to read stuff like that, anytime you feel the need to
write it. I am a big fan of ESR's writing (at least the
technically-oriented stuff), and read Zawinski, and even a little site
called "Attitude". Post it, and the worst thing that can happen is
that *I* read it. ;)

-Josh