[tlug] [tlug-digest] Multi-function printer/scanner. Buy in Japan, Debian.

I need a printer that will also do stand-alone copy-- i.e. like one of the
new all-in-ones from HP or Epson.

Has anyone successfully bought an all-in-one ( or multi-function if you
wish) in Japan and installed it? I am running the current Debian/Sarge.

It looks like  Epson Stylus CX6600 is very good and inexpensive, but
linuxprinting.org has only "mostly" support for the predecessor, (6400),
and nothing for the 6600. The fact that per page cost is 2.7 cents
(according to a cnet review) and double sided printed make it very attractive.

Thanks for any input,

David Riggs

Kyoto