Re: [tlug] furigana...openoffice?

Gábor Farkas wrote:

> question2: is anyone working with furigana in openoffice? my problem
> is this..i loaded the file into openoffice. i selected a line of text,
> pressed format/ruby, and started to add furigana.the problem is, that
> openoffice sometimes guesses the "parts" wrong..sometimes as a part
> you have a kanji + some kana or stuff like that.
> the only way i can solve it, is to exit this editor, select only the
> kanji/compound i want to have furigana-ized, and launch the ruby editor.
>
> is there an easier way?

My only experience with entering furigana so far as been with MicroMuck
Wrrd, but that was always the case with that too - you either have to
select it bits and pieces if you want to do a really clean job - or else
just let it do a sentence at a time, print it out, and then cross out
the junk you don't want to see (hiragana written over katakana for
example).  I've been meaning to try it out with OpenOffice - if I
discover something about it that seems relevant, I'll toss some text
into the wires.

Lyle