[tlug] Fedora Core 3 questions

Greetings all,

As the HDD on my office peecee at Monash died, I thought it was time to
move along a year or three in my distros, so I installed Fedora Core 3
(wanting to retain a bit of similarity with RH).

The installation has gone OK, but a few questions have arisen:

(a) how do I get Gnome Terminal to talk to Canna? Can it use kinput2 in
XIM mode or do I have to use a different IM?

(b) ditto for Firefox. I assumed it would be OK to use the same
technique I used for Mozilla with RH7.3, in which I start it with:
"LANG=ja_JP XMODIFIERS=@example.com=kinput2 /usr/bin/mozilla" but it barfs at the
the "LANG" from which I assume the launcher in Fedora C3 is using a
different shell.

I dare say other questions will arise.

Jim

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 9554