Re: [tlug] perl, cgi, and moji-baki-SOLVED

Basically JIS is the default encoding for email in japan... You should use Lingua::JA::Mail as Dave suggested and
while you are at it install Unicode::Japanese.

If you are building the database and you aren't stuck with euc, then i would make the db use unicode.
Then you just use Unicode::Japanese to convert it to whatever you want as you pull it out.

I usually use Text::Template, Unicode::Japanese and Lingua::JA::Mail to do what i think you are trying to do....
I pull any data i need out of the db, chop it up if i need to,all regexes dealing with japanese are kept in utf8,
pass everything you need to Text::Template,(make sure your template is utf8 too), then just pass the output from
Text::Template to Unicode::Japanese to convert it to whatever you need, and if it is mail then give it to Lingua::JA::Mail.

Patrick