[tlug] Re: Color Codes

Brett Robson wrote:

> http://webmonkey.wired.com/webmonkey/00/37/index2a.html
> *Death of the Websafe Color Palette?*
> As we just concluded, High Color systems share no colors with your
> standard Photoshop 24-bit color palette (except for black and white).
> Consequently, browsers running on High Color systems have to perform
> this request for a new color continually. Since High Color is still a
> good color depth, the colors that the system chooses are usually good
> (solid, true colors), but they're not exactly what you thought you were
> getting when you originally selected the colors for your site.

Interesting.
With firefox, even their so-called "Reallysafe Palette" is not
safe, as it is dithering the gifs, but not the backgrounds.
But that is barely noticable, unless you look at it _really_ close.

So it really boils down to inconsistent browser-behaviour (as they
also state in their article).

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.uguu.de