Re: [tlug] Re: Color Codes

BABA Yoshihiko wrote:

> On 2005/01/25, at 0:07, Brett Robson wrote:
>

>>> Not really. What people say 'web-safe' colour is not as you
>>> explained. Check this:
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_colors
>>

>> When was the last time you saw 256 colour mode? The problem now is
>> not dithering but consistent colours across html and graphics.
>

> That's one of many issues, issues only professional care, though. Just
> put Mac and Wintel machinese and you will see how different they show.

NO! The issue is the consistency of color ON THE SAME SCREEN.

This is extremely simple. When I define a color using HTML as #FC0094 I
want it to be exactly the same as the color #FC0094 that I made when I
created a GIF. Unfortunately that is impossible. That is the reason
people still talk about web safe colours. That and ignorance.