Re: [tlug] Color Codes

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 11:12:11 +0900
"Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon" <ronfaxon@example.com> wrote:
> "I've added an asterisk (*) to all the non-dithering, web-safe color
> codes, just so you know which ones they are.  These are the colors that
> show up the same on every computer no matter what (or so I've been told)."
>
> Is this something that is a big worry?

No, it's not a big problem. It is way overblown. A colour rendered by
html, GIF or JPEG may look *slightly* different on your screen due to
arithmetic differences in the colour calculation. It is only an issue if
you attempt to have the same colour rendered in different ways adjacent
to each other. For instance you may have a yellow page background using
html page background, then place on top an image with the same yellow as
it's background. Where the yellow edge of the image meets the yellow of
the page the difference is likely to be noticable. The solution is to
keep these colours separated, even a few pixels will usually be enough
and to use transparency in images rather than a colour.

Brett

--
Brett Robson
Systems Administrator