[tlug] [OT ANN] Ninjava meeting 2005-1-28

Hello,

I figured I would forward on this meeting announcement for the
developers on the list.

Zev

Our next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, January 28th, 2005 from
7:00to 9:00 PM.
We're meeting again at Temple University. See below for details.
********** MEETING AGENDA **********

The meeting's agenda is as follows:
7:00 - 7:15 PM Networking and Setup
7:15 - 8:15 PM "Implementing a GUI with Model View Controller" - Dave
Smith
Model View Controller is one of the most cited design patterns but also
one of the more
difficult to get working. Most discussion of MVC is at a very high
level and does not
cover the actual nuts and bolts of using the pattern. I recently put
together a GUI project
and had reason to structure the code along MVC lines. I'll go over the
problems I encountered
and how I solved them.

Bio:
David Smith-Uchida has been living and working in Japan since 2000 and
is currentlyPresident and Head Geek of iGeek, Inc.
(http://www.igeekinc.com -Japanese only at the moment) a small company
specializing in disk utilities.

8:30 - 9:00 PM Discussion - What's the right way to set up a web server
host Internet accessible Java enabled web sites. TUJ has a new SPARC
server
and wants to configure it so that students can install and run Java
servlets and
other goodies.

On the fifth floor, room 502.

This URL has access info for TUJ:
http://www.tuj.ac.jp/newsite/main/maps/index.html

Hosted by the Temple IT Program at Temple University Japan.
For more information see http://www.tuj.ac.jp/itp/