Re: [tlug] HELP! A possible Linux Rescue CD for my Japanese files!

David Bennett wrote:

> Linux LIVE Cd's. I figured that I might be able to mount the parititon
> as a read only and save the data on to a FAT32 or some other
> partition. This is where it gets tricky: I tried Knoppix and another
> LIVE CD (the name escapes me) but they can't read the parition.

I could very well be wrong, but it was my understanding that Knoppix
could do this. I guess you are well on your way to solving your
problem, but if you have the chance in the future, I would suggest you
take a look at the book _Knoppix Hacks_, which has an entire chapter
on using Knoppix to fix Windows problems.

Chuck

Charles Muller

Toyo Gakuen University
Faculty of Humanities