Re: [tlug] HELP! A possible Linux Rescue CD for my Japanese files!

David Bennett wrote:

>This sounds like a fantastic idea...
>
>  I hate to ask but: how would I go about doing this?

To see the version of the running kernel : "cat /proc/version"

To see the loaded modules of your kernel : "/sbin/lsmod"
(do it after you mounted your disk is mounted, to be sure the ntfs are
correctly loaded)

To see if the modules concerning ntfs are available, look there : "ls
/lib/modules/{here your kernel version}/kernel/fs/ntfs" you should have
a ntfs.ko version.

With that, you will be able to check for each Live CD you have if they
have a recent kernel, and if the ntfs module is available.