Re: [tlug] HELP! A possible Linux Rescue CD for my Japanese files!

mudrii wrote:

> For recovery NTFS first try use Windows Installation Boot CD and go to
> console mode and you can fix from console using chkdsk   for more
> information try chkdsk /?

I would never rely on a Windows to recover a partition... and moreover,
as it seems to be a hardware failure, trying to fix the filesystem is
probably a bad idea.

Maybe to read the japanese partition, just booting on the Slack Live CD,
try to mount your NTFS partition with "iocharset=euc-jp" as an option. I
don't know for NTFS actually, but it allowed me to read my Vodaphone
SDCard Files, which is formated in vfat with Japanese folder names. And
try to laucng your environment with a japanese locale.