Re: [tlug] Crazy automount solution

On Wed, 2005-19-01 at 11:52 -0500, Josh Glover wrote:
> On my local LUG (COLUG, the Central Ohio Linux Users Group) mailing
> list, some chap posted about how he could get his USB hard drive to
> automount. I thought several of you on this list might be amused by or
> interested in my solution:

I read through the solution and I think that there is a better way to do
it. Specifically, Robert Love's "Project Utopia" handles this kind of
thing without the need to poll or even to add an entry to your fstab.
You should be able to configure this in Gnome Volume Manager. IIRC, on
my debian box I had to run a special script that would enable the
fstabsync program for this to work. I think this changed a little while
ago, but I haven't taken the time to set it again.

I can give you more details if you want.

Cheers, Ben