[tlug] hdx lost interrupt

I have installed Suse 9.1 on my Proliant ML350, and updated to the
latest patched kernel from Suse.

It basically works fine, but startup is VERY slow, and verbose output
repeatedly declares
"hdc : lost interrupt"

Suse's kernel is: 2.6.5-7.111.19-smp

This system  boots off a SCSI Raid, hda is CD-ROM, hdc is a Maxtor
180Gig drive with data on ntfs.

After the kernel gets past those error messages (~3 minutes), system
seems to work without problem.

checking the boot messages indicates that both ide drives seem to be
running with PIO mode instead of UDMA.

Do you think this is

a) IDE cabling issue => (will replace cable)
b) IDE Master/Slave issue => (will change drive settings, switch connection)
c) Kernel issue => ?
d) Controller issue => ?

Conrete hints would be appreciated. Thanks!

--
Patrick Niessen