Re: [tlug] meaning of cron

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:06:03 -0800 (PST), jci@example.com
<jci@example.com> wrote:
> Uva Coder wrote:
>
> > *sigh* Ask Paul Vixie <paul@example.com>.
>
> I didn't know he had written the original version of cron. I had assumed
> his version was an re-implementation of an older Unix version.

First edition UNIX didn't come with cron. It actually came much later
iirc. Paul Vixie or Dennis Ritchie could give a definitive answer.
Dennis still works at Bell Labs near the UNIX room.
http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/dmr/index.html
You can get the answers straight from the developers, that is what I
do and recommend. :)

-vic